I have used Dryel for years and have most recently started to use it on a regular basis.
I sell clothing items on eBay and have found Dryel to be a very effective way to get that “thrift-store” smell out of used clothing. You know the smell I am talking about, I am sure, if you have ever set foot into a thrift store, Goodwill or a Salvation Army used clothing store. Well, the Dryel At-Home Dry Cleaner happens to be effective and one of my favorite ways to save money on dry cleaning, both on my own clothing and those I sell on eBay.
The Dryel Kit
The basic kit for the Dryel At-Home Dry Cleaner consists of:
- 1 Fabric Protector Resuable Bag (reusable up to 10 times)
- 2 ULTRA Cleaning Cloths
- 1 Bottle of Booster Spray
How The Dryel Process Works
The steps are very well explained on an enclosed card inside the box. It’s much easier than many do-it-yourself projects and believe me, if I can figure it out, anyone can! And when you run out of pads or spray, refill kits are available which is again another money saver.
Here are the six steps to using Dryel:
- Step 1: Pre-treat any soiled areas on the clothing with the Booster spray. This would include any spots, and in the underarm area.
- Step 2: Unzip the Fabric Protector Bag. You can add up to four garments that are alike in color but are not supposed to fill the bag more than one half full, because the clothes need room to tumble around inside your dryer. Add your clothing to the bag.
- Step 3: Open the packet that holds the Ultra Cleaning Cloth, unfold the cloth, which is damp, and add it to the bag.
- Step 4: Zip the bag closed and put it in your dryer, with no other clothes.
- Step 5: Shut the dryer door and set the temperature to medium. Turn your dryer on and set the time for fifteen minutes for clothes that need just refreshing, and thirty minutes for more heavily soiled clothing. This process steams the clothing and the booster spray cleans spots and freshens the clothing.
- Step 6: When the fifteen or thirty minute time has ended, take the clothing out of the dryer and bag as soon as possible and hang on a hanger so the wrinkles can fall out. If items are severely wrinkled going in, you will probably still have to touch them up a bit before wearing. The clothing may be a bit damp but is ready to wear within an hour.
The Things I Like Best About Dryel
I love the Dryel At-Home Dry Cleaner because it saves me a LOT of money on dry cleaning. Imagine how much money you can save if you can get 40 items of clothing dry cleaned for the price of one Dryel kit.
I also enjoy having my clothing smell clean even if it wasn’t bad enough to bring to the dry cleaner, but I just wanted it freshened up.
It uses bio-degradable cleaning agents — not harsh chemicals — so it’s not harmful to the environment.
And it doesn’t fade or shrink clothing…not even wool sweaters. My clothes look just as good coming out as they did going in, but they smell a lot better! And on the package it lists a number of items that Dryel can be used on which include blankets, pillows, curtains and even teddy bears!
I love this stuff and I think you will too.